The original kit offered from Murphs',
the one that started the legend, now in a nice black finish!
Soon after the introduction of the original Murph's Kit we were constantly being asked for black kits. After a couple of different attempts with plating processes, we finally got it right. We are now able to offer stainless steel screws with a black treatment that has proven to be long lasting and durable.
This kit utilizes button-head cap screws made from A2 stainless steel that have been "blackened". As with the plain stainless screws, with an Allen head drive, stripped screws are a thing of the past. No more formation of rust like what happens with the factory screws either!
The washers included with this kit are black stainless as well, with neoprene backing. The neoprene helps to secure a "snug" fit to the
fairing, reducing the tendency of the screws to back out over time.
This kit includes all screws visible on the fairing, including the windscreen. The same screws can be used on the lower unit of the Rifle System system as well, for those of you so equipped!
Please Note: The picture show the entire contents of the deluxe kit, which includes several more screws than the basic kit sold on this page. Check out the Deluxe Black Stainless Screw Kit for more details.
The complete basic kit includes the necessary hex keys, and a very helpful screw location chart. (Many customers have commented on this chart as being the most valuable piece of the kit!) It is easy to lose track of where the screws go when putting the fairing pieces back together following routine maintenance, and this chart will prove useful well into the future.
The basic kit includes screws for the following locations:
On the Fairing:
- HeadLight Access Panel: 2
- Overflow Cover: 2
- Front Belly Plate: 2
- Inside Fairing Pockets Post 93 Inner Fairing Pre 94: 6 (3 each side)
- Black Fairing Top Position: 2 (1 each side)
- Behind Windshield: 1 for Post 93, 2 for Pre 94
- Side Covers: 2 (1 each side)
- Black Fairing Lower Position: 2 (1 each side)
- Air Scoops Top Position: 2 (1 each side)
- Middle Fairing Top Position: 6 (3 each side)
- Middle Fairing Bottom Position: 4 (2 each side)
- Inner Fairing Pockets Pre 94: 2 (1 each side)
- Air Scoops Bottom Position: 2 (1 each side)
- Front Middle Fairing: 2
- Belly Plate Rear Position 2 (1 each side)
- Bottom Row: 6
- Upper Sides: 4 (2 up each side)
As stated, the necessary hex keys are included. You may want to order ball drivers also, however.